Assembly - TM-1 Knob caps
Techsmechs Vintage Synth | Stockholm, Sweden
- Pull off the knobs from your synth, and give them a good cleaning in water with a mild detergent. An old toothbrush is useful!
- After cleaning, put the knobs on a towel on a table, and slam them against it to get the water out as much as possible. There is usually some rust in there already, no need to make it worse...
- The Prophet-5/10 knobs don't have a painted indicator line under the knob cap like the Pro-One/P-600 knobs. Use some tape to indicate the line orientation before removing the cap.
- Use a knife blade to pop/twist off the old P5/10 caps. Be careful not to cut into the plastic knob (or your fingers).
- Use some regular "household" glue that works for plastic and metal. To be on the safe side, put a drop on there and make sure it doesn't melt the knob before continuing.
- Put the new cap on - done!
A Prophet-5 knob without cap